Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Introducing our daughter, Sally :)

It has been many months since I last updated my blog - and oh boy, what amazing months they have been!

We had our beautiful daughter on a Thursday in November. The weather had just started to turn chilly for the winter, but not a lot of snow had fallen. Two nights before Sally was born the first snow fell and I wished she would just come already! She was already 6 days over due and we just wanted to meet her - and I was getting pretty uncomfy. :) Two days later, at 6am, labour started. About 26 hours later, by C-section, Sally came into the world screaming - and after the scary ordeal of her heart rate dropping, the screaming was the most amazing sound. I couldn't have been so strong without Justin and my mother supporting me through labour. What an adventure having a baby is!
Sally - 21 days old

We've spent the days and weeks since learning her little grunts and cries - discovering what they mean, and what she'd like us to do. We've celebrated Christmas with a shining new face, brought the new year in with hope. We've celebrated family and shared our joy with so many. We've had her baptized in the church she was dreamed in. It's been so incredible.

It's totally cliche, but words can't explain how awesome being a mom is. It is incredible to watch this little human learn how to 'human'. And without our love, encouragement, support and guidance, our Sally wouldn't learn how. If a baby isn't spoken to, they don't learn to speak! Wild!!It is the literal definition of awe-some and it blows my mind. She brings a smile to my face when I think of her. She inspires me to do better, to be kinder, to be successful, and to be honest. She is everything and I can't remember life without our precious, hand sucking, cooing babe.

In the days since she was born, she has been a light and although I am tired, I am the happiest I have ever been in my life. period. I am so glad I didn't miss this! :)

1 comment:

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful daughter.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.