Friday, June 24, 2016

Our newest adventure

Over 10 years ago, I started this blog. It has been a source of venting, logging and documenting my journey through life. Sometimes I've written about nothing, sometimes I've written about my feelings, but I've always written about my adventures. It is always amazing to me to be able to go through and read about the places I've been and the things I have done. I've had an incredible life so far, and I feel so lucky to have been able to wade through all the unhappiness that I've felt and experienced and finally land here, in this place in my life, at this time. Life is good. Life has been continuously great for the past 3 years. From getting an education in my chosen field, to living in Italy and learning Italian, to discovering my love of wine, to finding my soul mate, to working for a great company with great perks, LIFE HAS BEEN WONDERFUL! And now, we are starting the next phase of our journey. We've renovated our home so that it isn't a dismal apartment but in fact a beautiful home. We've taken some amazing journeys and been from one coast of this country to the next. We've explored new places and old together and through it all, Justin and I have become a family.

It is now time for our family to grow. In November, we will welcome our beautiful baby girl and we will be more complete than before. This experience has been exciting and wild and has had so many unexpected joys already and I can't wait to see what the future brings as we shape and mold this little person.

She is our delight already, and I am only 20 weeks. She makes us smile and become excited in all the things we hope for her.

I am certain that in the coming months and years, this blog will be filled with her shenanigans and stories. I can't wait to see what the future brings.

Until then, I will revel in the fact that a human being is growing inside my body... which is totally cool and has touched me so much more than I thought was possible. My pregnancy has been very easy (knock on wood) up to this point and everyone is happy and healthy.

Our families are ecstatic and full of anticipation to meet the next member of our clans.

This summer will find us camping in the mountains, taking it easy and planning the next phase of our life. We know that our lives will change dramatically in November, so we are trying to soak in as much sleep and as much of each other as we can before then. I hope to blog more in the coming months, as so much will be changing and so much will be happening.

Until next time, bloggers, that is our news and we are over the moon with happiness and excitement for the adventure to come!

No comments: