It is daunting to sit down and think of how to summarize the past 10 months since I last posted. How does one go from blogging about living in Italy to the mundane, plebeian life that I lead. well... I guess it isn't that bad! :)
Since I returned from Italy I proceeded to do the following:
1. Met my adorable new niece, who is charming and quiet and pensive and wonderful. I love our little Violet just as much as I do my other flowers, Rowan and Lily. She is almost 1 now - whaaaaat? :)
2. Spent almost every weekend in the remaining months of the winter in the mountains. Driving to Radium on a whim, staying in a tree house in April, driving through the K-country by the light of a full moon. I simply adore the mountains and I promised that when I got home I would not take them for granted.
3. Moved into a place of my own, have my own stuff, created my own routine, and got a couple roomies so I can still do fun stuff. I finally feel like an adult again!
|Rowan, Lily and Violet|
5. Got a tattoo to commemorate my beautiful nieces (and my love of travel)... it is large, and it hurt, but it is so beautiful - just like they are!
6. Went on an amazing road trip to the Road to the Sun in Glacier National park, down to Yellowstone National Park (and Ol' Faithful) and then to Vale, Colorado for a beautiful wedding and adventure.
7. Helped my Mother and Father move back to Alberta after a 20 year stint in the NWT. It is so nice to have them close so we are able to do things with them like Thanksgiving and Christmas - both of which I am super excited about this year!!!
8. Spent almost a week exploring Nova Scotia and Cape Breton (as I said above) with one of the most generous and kind families I could ever meet - and then went to a wedding where I got drank under the table and danced my feet off. It is so beautiful and magical and feels like home... I can't wait to go back!
9. Developed plans for an amazing life to work towards, homes in places like BC, Italy, Cape Breton - businesses that I can explore my creative and passionate side, finally write what I have been wanting to write, and feel free to do and explore what I'd like. Idealistic, I know, but that is the essence of Heather!
|Me and my Man Friend|
10. Fell in love with a kind, generous, giving, intelligent, thoughtful, wonderful, family oriented, outgoing, athletic, motivated, amazing man. This is by far the best thing that has happened to me this past year. We started dating at the beginning of the year after knowing each other for a year as friends. Life has never been the same since, and I suspect it never will be again! For this, I am immensely grateful!
Although that is just a small re-cap of the life I have lead these past 10 months since I have been back, I try and live life with a little passion and a lot of fun. It has been such a great year, 2014, and it's a shame that it's on the down swing. BUT, if this is how great 2014 can be, what does 2015 have in store!!!
Things that are still planned this year:
1. Spending Thanksgiving with the Hamilton Clan at my parents house... good eats, lots of wine, and a ton of laughter will surely ensue.
2. Spending American Thanksgiving with my amazing friends from Italy (Larissa who lives in Banff now and Ryan from North Carolina) in North Carolina. We will make our way there for some Ryan Stuffing, vino and remembrances of time gone by! :)
3. New York for my Birthday with my mamma! We are heading to the Big Apple for some shows, to be tourists, skate near the Rockefeller Center, and have delish food.
4. Wrap up the year with Christmas with my family - My brother and his family, Me and my Man Friend and my parents. It is going to be filled with wrapping paper and kids squealing with delight and food (oh, the food) and World Juniors and booze and more food...
I've noticed a theme! :) Food and drink - they make me happy. Along with spending time with my friends and family. That makes me happy as well. As long as I live, I will NEVER, EVER forget this again. I love drinks, I love food, and I love my people.
That is all!